WCSS Community Association (WCSSCA)
WCSSCA is a body comprised of parents, teachers, staff and friends of West Coast Steiner School. The aim of the Association is to promote and support the development of the West Coast Steiner School and its community.
The Community Association’s key aims are to:
- Actively fundraise to provide for equipment and services beyond the means otherwise available to the school;
- Initiate and coordinate social events to foster a spirit of community within the school;
- Endeavour to increase the awareness and understanding of Rudolph Steiner’s philosophies among members and the wider community;
- Identify and undertake activities aimed at building and improving the image of the school in the wider community;
- Coordinate and initiate the volunteer efforts of members in the physical improvement and maintenance of the schools premises;
- Identify and initiate any other activities which will meet the objectives of WCSSCA and WCSS;
- To build and nurture our schools community of parents.
WCSSCA Operations & Activities
WCSSCA volunteers coordinate a number of ongoing and one-off activities and endeavours throughout the year, some of which include the running of the wonderful school community shop Golden Threads, the Advent Festival and Twilight Bazaar, coordinating a parent’s Craft Group, and catering coordination for regular and one-off events and school tours.
WCSSCA meets monthly and all members are most welcome to attend and contribute. Dates for meetings are found in the Gazette and on the Golden Threads Facebook page.
Chair of association is Kirrilli Heath